What is Abdominal Pain? It’s Symptoms And Prevention
Abdominal pain is a pain that occurs between the chest and pelvic regions. Abdominal pain disease can be crampy, achy, dull, intermittent or sharp. It’s also called a stomachache. Abdominal pain can be caused by many conditions. However, the main causes of Abdominal pain disease are infection, abnormal growths, obstruction (blockage), inflammation, and intestinal disorders. In this article we are provided all the information about Abdominal pain.
What is Abdominal pain?
Abdominal pain in generally defined as a nonspecific symptom that may be associated with a multitude of conditions. An example would be the abdominal pain associated with strep throat. Abdominal pain, is often known as stomach, belly or tummy ache, usually refers to cramps or a dull ache in the belly (abdomen).
Abdominal pain include in body:
Types Of Abdominal pain
- Visceral Pain
Visceral pain is directly related to the organ involved. the majority of organs do not have an abundance of never fibers, so the patient might experience mild or less severe pain that is poorly localized.
- Parietal Pain
Parietal Pain occurs when there is an irritation of the peritoneal lining. The peritoneum has a higher number of sensitive nerve fibers,so the pain is generally more severe and easier to localize.The patient will typically present in a guarded position with shallow breathing.
- Referred Pain
Referred pain is visceral pain that is felt in another area of the body and occurs when organs share a common nerve pathway. For this reason, it is poorly localized but generally constant in nature. An example- order ativan online overnight Patient with liver problems that experiences referred pain in the neck or just below the scapula.
Causes Of Abdominal pain
some possible causes of abdominal pain include:
- Appendicitis- Swelling of the appendix that causes agonising pain in lower right-hand side of your abdomen.
- Kidney stones- small stones may be passed out in your wee, but larger stones may block the kidney tubes.
- Acute cholecystitis- An inflamed gallbladder, often caused by gallstones
- diverticulities- A type of inflammation in the bowel.
- Stomach ulcer– A bleeding, open sore in the lining of your stomach.
- Pulled muscle– In your abdomen, or an Injury.
Other Common Causes include:
- Acid reflux(when stomach content leak backword into the esophagus, causing heartburn and other symptoms)
- Gastroenteritis(stomach flu)
- Food poisoning
- Irritable bowelsyndrome
Symptoms Of Abdominal pain
There are some symptoms of the Abdominal pain which is given below
- Abdomen is tender to the touch
- The pain lasts for more than a few hours
- Difficulty breathing
- Painful or Unusually frequent urination
- Bloody stools
- Vomiting blood
- Inability to keep food down for several days
- Inability to pass stools, especially if you are also vomiting
- The pain is the result of an injury to the abdomen in the previous days
Prevention Of Abdominal pain
However, you can minimize the risk of developing Abdominal pain by doing the following:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Drink water frequently
- Exercise regularly
- Eat smaller meals
- Avoid fatty or greasy foods
- Limit foods that produce gas
- Exercise regularly
- Make sure that your meals are well-balanced and high in fiber. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables