What is Rabies? it’s Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention
Rabies is a viral disease. This occurs usually through biting a human or another animal. Transmission can also occur through saliva touching an open wound or touching mucous membranes. Rabies is nearly always transmitted by an infected animal bite. For rabies treatment to be successful, it must be given before any symptoms appear. Rabbits very rarely carry rabies. If bitten, medical help should be sought immediately. A fear of light and water are among rabies' symptoms. India is the country most affected by rabies. People can help prevent rabies by getting your pet vaccinated. Puppy pregnancy syndrome has increased the rabies death toll in India. To Know What is Rabies? it's Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention you can read the whole article..
What is Rabies? it's Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention
Rabies is a viral infection spread via saliva. If someone presents with rabies symptoms, it is almost always fatal. In countries where stray dogs are present in large numbers, they are the biggest rabies threat. To know all about that What is Rabies? it's Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention you can read and check the all information about rabies which is provided below...
Symptoms of Rabies : There are some symptoms of Rabies and some of those symptoms are provided below...
- Excess salivation
- Fear of water (hydrophobia) due to difficulty in swallowing
- Priapism (permanent erection)
- Partial paralysis.
Causes of Rabies : There are some causes of Rabies some of those causes are provided below...
- Rabies is a virus and, as mentioned, it is predominantly spread by a bite from an infected animal.
- However, it is also possible to become infected if saliva from an infected animal gets into an open wound or through a mucous membrane, such as the eyes or mouth.
Treatments of Rabies : As the disease is generally fatal (although a small number of people have survived), there is no treatment for the illness per se. Once buy real valium online uk symptoms have arisen, there are no medications that can provide help. There are some treatment to rabies and some of those treatments are given below...
As soon as a bite is received, a series of shots will be prescribed to prevent the virus from thriving. The shots include:
- A fast-acting shot consisting of rabies immune globulin; this will prevent the virus from infecting the individual and will be delivered as soon as possible, close to the bite wound.
- A series of rabies vaccines to train your body to fight the virus whenever it finds it. These will be given over the following 2 weeks and delivered into the arm.
- In most cases, finding out whether the animal has rabies will not be possible. It is safest to assume the worst and begin the course of shots.
Prevention Of Rabies : There are some Prevention of rabies to reduce the risk of rabies and some of those prevention are provided below...
- Vaccinate pets: cats, dogs and ferrets can all easily be vaccinated, preventing them from catching and passing the virus on
- Keep pets confined: ensure pets are safely confined and supervised when outside
- Report stray animals to local authorities: local animal control officials or police departments can remove any animals seen roaming
- Do not approach wild animals: animals with rabies are less cautious and more likely to approach you
- Keep bats out of the home: seal your home to prevent bats from nesting. If bats are already present, experts can safely remove them
- Wash the wound: if you have been bitten, washing bites and scratches for 15 minutes with soapy water, povidone iodine or detergent might minimize the number of viral particles (medical help should still be sought)
- Vaccination: if you have plans to travel, especially in Africa or India, vaccination is a good idea.