if you are thinking for going to hair transplant, then before to go hair transplant you must have to know everything about hair transplant, such as it’s advantages, disadvantages, Fee structure, clinic etc…Here we are providing all the details regarding the hair transplant, you can read the all information about hair transplant which is provided below….
What Is Hair Transplant ?
Hair transplantation is the surgical technique that moves hair from a part of the body called the ‘donor site’ to a bald or balding part of the body known as the ‘recipient site’.A hair transplant is a procedure in which a dermatological surgeon moves hair to a bald area of the head. The surgeon usually moves hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head. Hair transplants typically occur in a medical office under local anesthesia.
Types Of Hair Transplant
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
In FUT method, a strip of scalp is cut out from the back of the head and is dissected into individual grafts.
Advantages of FUT method:
- Larger areas of baldness can be covered in fewer sittings.
- The resection rate (the grafts that get cut whilst removing) may be lesser providing superior results. However the resection rate depends on the skill of the surgeon and his/her staff.
Who should go in for FUT method?
- People who have larger areas of baldness and would like it covered in single sitting.
- People who don’t mind cuts, stitches, longer recovery period.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
FUE method of hair transplantation involves taking the individual follicular units/grafts from the back of the head one by one by cutting around it through a tiny specialised machine and removing them.
Advantages of FUE method
- As this method of hair transplantation does not involve taking an entire strip of scalp from the back of the head like in strip surgery, there are no cuts or stitches.
- The recovery time is much quicker with the patient often returning to work the next day itself.
- There is no linear scar.
Who should go in for FUE method?
- Suitable for people who have smaller areas of baldness.
- People who want to wear shorter hair styles.
- People with active lifestyles like sportsmen, etc.
- Women with smaller areas of baldness.
- People who prefer less invasive procedures and don’t want cuts, stitches on the scalp.
- Those who want faster recovery.
A hair transplant cannot be performed if:
The person is below 25 years of age and with ongoing hair fall. Because They have multiple medical conditions or heart problems, uncontrolled diabetes or hypertension.Low density on the back of the head – Such people will not be able to produce enough follicles for transplantation.
Best Hair Transplant Clinic In Dehradun
Here the list of clinic for hair transplantation in Dehradun.
Image Hair Clinic
Address: Shanti Vihar Colony, Majra, Dehradun City, Dehradun- 248001,Opposite Oberoi Building, Tata Motors Showroom,Near ISBT
Contact: +91-9756968189, +91-8755984037
Open: 24 Hrs
Enhance Aesthetic And Cosmetic Studio
Address: 2nd Floor, Astley Tower, Subhash Road, Dehradun -248001
Open: 10.00 PM – 07.30 AM
Payment Mode: Cash
Renew Hair And Plastic Surgery Clinic
Address: 55/47, Race Course, Dehradun-248001, Near Punjab National Bank
Contact: +91-135-2629881, +91-9410594964
Open: 24 hrs
Payment Mode: Cash, Debit Card
Capri Hairn Beauty Lounge
Address: 124 HIG gms road, Dehradun -248001, near kamla place Hotal
Contact: +91-9917863525, 9456542013
Open: 10:00 AM – 08:00 PM
12:00 AM – 12:00 AM
Payment Mode: Cash, Debit Card, Master Card
National Skin Clinic & Laser Clinic
Address: 429, Street Number-8, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun City, Dehradun – 248001, Rajendra Nagar
Contact: +91-135-2750096, +91-9927469689
Hair Transplant Surgeons In Dehradun
MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy
Dermatologist – Specializes in Hair Transplant
Dr. Varun Sarin & 1 more clinic Haridwar Road, Dehradun
Education:MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum – 2009 click here
Dr. Sadiq Umar
MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
Dermatologist – Specializes in Hair TransplantElixir Speciality Clinic
Dr. Neeti Kumari
MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
Dermatologist – Specializes in Hair Transplant SMI hospital Patel Nagar, dehradun
Dr. Anil Kumar Dhar
Diploma Clinical Dermatology Dermatologist – Specializes in Hair Transplant Doon Skin Clinic & 1 more clinic Dehradun
Dr. Arika Bansal
MBBS, MD(Dermatology) Skin & VD & Leprosy Dermatology (Skin), Hair Transplantation, Tricology (Hair), Hair Restoration Surgeon, Cosmetology (Skin)
Experience: 14 years
M.D–AIIMS, New Delhi,ISHRS–USA
Diplomate of American board of hair restoration surgeon(ABHRS) click here
Hair Transplant Cost In Dehradun
– Up to 1000 Hair Grafts
-Above 1000- 1500 Hair Grafts
Time- 5 hrs
-Above 1500-2000 Hair Grafts
Time- 6 hrs
-Above 2000-2500 Hair Grafts
Time- 7 hrs
-Above 2500-3000 Hair Grafts
Time- 8 hrs
-Above 3000-3500 Hair Grafts
Time- 9 hrs
-Above 3500-4000 Hair Grafts
Time- 9-10 hrs
Hair Transplants Before And After
Hair Transplant Side Effect
If you have had hair transplant surgery, you may be alarmed to find that the hair you already had is actually getting thinner. This is a normal post-operative condition and the thickness comes back within a few months after surgery.
Itching is again a common side effect often experienced by the patients as a hair transplantation side effect. This side effect may become severe sometimes when not addressed properly. The itching mainly occurs due to scab formation. Thousands or more scabs may form right after the grafting method. Sometimes, the scabs take shape after some time of the surgery.
A side effect of hair transplant surgery may include some bleeding. Putting pressure on the area will usually stop the bleeding. In rare situations, the bleeding does not stop so it might be necessary for the surgeon to do some extra stitching to close the wounds.
There is actually very little pain involved with the actual hair transplant surgery. About half of the people who have the procedure done will not need any pain relievers at all. Most others take a mild pain reliever such as Tylenol for a few days, and that seems to be enough for them.
Just about everyone who has had hair transplant surgery has experienced swelling in the forehead and around the eyes. This lasts for only a few days with the worst being of it appearing on the fourth day. For some, a black eye may result.
While rare, infections can also occur with hair transplant surgery. One reason they do not happen more often is that antibiotics are given before and after the procedure to prevent infections from even starting – so don’t get too worried about this possible side effect.
Hair Transplant For Woman
Hair loss is one of the major concerns of women. Hair loss is linked to various physiological and psychological conditions. It can be a worrying and a scary experience and may occur in women at any age.Very few women have the type of hair loss that make them good candidates. Most women have diffuse hair loss instead, an overall thinning in all areas of the head, including the sides and back, which are the areas that act as donor sites in men. It is from these sites that the hair is removed for hair transplantation to other areas of the head.
Which Women Are Good Candidates for Hair Transplant?
About 2% to 5% of women with hair loss will benefit from this type of procedure. They are:
- Women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction alopecia (nonhormonal).
- Women who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
- Women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents, and chemical burns.
- Women with alopecia marginalis, a condition that looks very similar to traction alopecia.
Advantage Of Hair Transplantation
- The fact that you yourself are the donor is also one of its pros.
- Unless you have opted for too many transplants, the process is by and large simple and desired result can be obtained in one go.
- Mostly little or no money is taken as consultation fee, so bearing in mind its everlasting effect the process is pretty much cost effective.
- The operation is safe in the sense; you need not be brought under complete anesthesia. So in case you have fads and phobias about losing consciousness, the procedure can be managed by means of partial anesthesia.
- While the issues of pain may be duly addressed by localized sedation, you need not be anxious about total lapse of consciousness.
- One of the scientific advantages of hair transplantation relates to its uniformity of distribution. The technique is worked upon with optimization in such a way that your overall follicular distribution remains intact.
Disadvantage Of Hair Transplantation
- As one of its physiological disadvantages, it is worth bearing in mind that often sizeable proportion of the dermis has to be extracted for the purpose of implantation. The scalp provides protection to the follicle from trauma. Thus follicles tend to become more vulnerable in cases where a sizeable portion is removed.
- Cases involving dense packing tend to become more costly and time taking- calling for more than one session.
- Cases involving thick packing can lead to scarring and injuries.
- Due to injury and exposure to certain medications, graft planted may not survive resulting in the wastage of both time & money.