What is Flu? it’s Symptoms and Prevention
Flu, is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu is highly contagious and is normally spread by the coughs and sneezes of an infected person. You can also catch flu by touching an infected person, for instance, shaking hands. Adults are contagious 1-2 days before getting symptoms and up to 7 days after becoming ill. This means that you can spread the influenza virus before you even know you are infected. Over 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu complications each year, and about 36,000 people are estimated to die as a result of flu. It is estimated that 250,000-500,000 people die each year as a result of flu. In industrialized countries, the majority of deaths occur among people over the age of 65. To know What is Flu? it's Symptoms and Prevention, you can read the whole article carefully...
What is Flu? it's Symptoms and Prevention
To know all about Flu such as What is Flu? it's Symptoms and Prevention, you can see the given details about Flu which is given below...
Symptoms of Flu : There are some symptoms of Flu which is given below in points you can read the all points carefully...
- Confusing flu with a bad cold is common.
- Flu and cold symptoms may both include a runny/blocked nose, sore throat, and cough.
To help you tell them apart, below are some symptoms of flu that are different from a heavy cold:
- High temperature
- Cold sweats and shivers
- Aching joints and limbs
- Fatigue, feeling exhausted
There may also be gastrointestinal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea; these are much more common among children than adults.
Causes of Flu : There are some causes which can lead the Flu and these causes are given below...
- The flu is caused by influenza virus types A, B, and C. Both type A and type B flu viruses are responsible for the seasonal outbreaks of flu. Type A flu viruses are found in many different animals, including ducks, chickens, pigs, and horses. Influenza B viruses where can i buy klonopin circulate widely only among humans.
- Flu viruses spread mainly from person to person, through coughing or sneezing by people infected with influenza.
- Sometimes people may become infected by touching a contaminated surface and then touching their mouth or nose.
- Healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning one day before symptoms develop and up to seven days after becoming sick. This means a person may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before ever knowing they are sick.
Click here to check about High Blood Pressure
Prevention of Flu : Health experts and government agencies throughout the world say that the single best way to protect oneself from catching flu is to get vaccinated every year. There are some tips to reduce the risk of flu which is given below...
- There are two types of vaccinations, the flu shot and the nasal-spray flu vaccine.
- The flu shot is administered with a needle, usually in the arm - it is approved for anyone older than 6 months, including healthy people and those with chronic medical conditions.
- The nasal-spray flu vaccine is a vaccine made with live, weakened flu viruses that do not cause illness.
Treatment of Flu : As flu is caused by a virus, antibiotics cannot help, unless the flu has led to another illness caused by bacteria. Antivirals, such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza), may be prescribed in some circumstances. Painkillers may alleviate some of the symptoms, such as headache and body pains. Some painkillers, such as aspirin, should not be given to children under 12. There are some Treatment of Flue you can read with the help of given information..
- Stay at home
- Avoid contact with other people where possible
- Keep warm and rest
- Consume plenty of liquids
- Avoid alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Eat if possible
It is a good idea for people that live alone to tell a relative, friend, or neighbor that they have flu and make sure someone can check in on them.