Back pain can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain that makes it hard to move. It can start quickly if you fall or lift something too heavy, or it can get worse slowly. Anyone can have back pain, but some things that increase your risk of Back Pain that is Getting older, Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old. And the poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit. To get the whole detailed information about Back Pain : Symptoms, Causes, Treatments and Prevention, you can read the whole article.
Back Pain : Symptoms, Causes, Treatments and Prevention
About Back Pain : Symptoms, Causes, Treatments and Prevention are given in this article. Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain. Heredity, Some causes of back pain, such as ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis that affects the spine, can have a genetic component. Some types of arthritis and cancer can cause back pain. If you have to lift, push, or pull while twisting your spine, you may get back pain. If you work at a desk all day and do not sit up straight, you may also get back pain. Your body may not be able to get enough nutrients to the disks in your back if you smoke. Smoker’s cough may also cause back pain. People who smoke are slow to heal, so back pain may last longer. To check the all details about back pain Back Pain : Symptoms, Causes, Treatments and Prevention, you can see the given information which is provided below…
Symptoms of Back Pain : There are many symptoms of Back Pain, If any of the following signs or symptoms accompanies a back pain, people should see their doctor, Symptoms of the back Pain is given below…
- Weight loss
- Elevated body temperature (fever)
- Inflammation (swelling) on the back
- Persistent back pain – lying down or resting does not help
- Pain down the legs
- Pain reaches below the knees
- A recent injury, blow or trauma to your back
- Urinary incontinence – you pee unintentionally (even small amounts)
- Difficulty urinating – passing urine is hard
- Fecal incontinence – you lose your bowel control (you poo unintentionally)
- Numbness around the genitals
- Numbness around the anus
- Numbness around the buttocks
Causes of Back Pain : There are many causes of Back Pain which is given below..
- Strain : Strain is the most common cause to get back pain, such as strained muscles, strained ligaments, a muscle spasm. And the things that can lead to strains or spasms include: Lifting something improperly, Lifting something that is too heavy and the result of an abrupt and awkward movement.
- Structural problems – the following structural problems may also result in back pain such as Ruptured disks, Bulging disks, Sciatica, Arthritis, Abnormal curvature of the spine, Osteoporosis.
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Cancer of the spine
- Infection of the spine
- Other infections
- Sleep disorders
- Bad mattress
- Everyday activities or poor posture.
Treatments of Back Pain : Usually back pain is categorized into two types which is Acute and Chronic, Acute – back pain comes on suddenly and persists for a maximum of three months. and Chronic – the pain gradually develops over a longer period, lasts for over three months, and causes long-term problems. There are some treatments of Back Pain which is provided below..
- Physical Therapy
- Cortisone injections
- CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)
Complementary therapies : A large number of patients opt for complementary therapies, as well as conventional treatments; some opt just for complementary therapies. According to the NHS, chiropractic, osteopathy, shiatsu, and acupuncture may help relieve back pain, as well as encouraging the patient to feel relaxed.
- An osteopath specializes in treating the skeleton and muscles.
- A chiropractor treats joint, muscle and bone problems – the main focus being the spine.
- Shiatsu, also known as finger pressure therapy, is a type of massage where pressure is applied along energy lines in the body. The shiatsu therapist applies pressure with his/her fingers, thumbs and elbows.
- Acupuncture, which originates from China, consists of inserting fine needles and specific points in the body. Acupuncture can help the body release its natural painkillers – endorphins – as well as stimulating nerve and muscle tissue.
- Yoga is a practice that involves specific poses, movements, and breathing exercises. Some forms of yoga may help strengthen the back muscles and improve posture. Care must be taken that exercises do not make back pain worse.
- Surgery – surgery for back pain is very rare. If a patient has a herniated disk surgery may be an option, especially if there is persistent pain and nerve compression which can lead to muscle weakness. Examples of surgical procedures include: Fusion, Artificial disk, Diskectomy, Partially removing a vertebra.
Prevention of Back Pain : There are some Prevention of Back Pain which is given below…
- Regular exercise keep your health strong and as well as keep your body weight down. There are two main types of exercise to reduce back pain first one is Core-strengthening exercises- exercises that work the abdominal and back muscles, helping to strengthen muscles that protect the back. And the second one is Flexibility – exercises aimed at improving flexibility in your core, including your spine, hips, and upper legs, may help too.
- Stop Smoking
- Keep your Body Weight maintain
- When sitting try to keep your knees and hips level and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- The secret for protecting your back when lifting things is to think “legs not back”. In other words, use your legs to do the lifting, more than your back.